PPL – PRIVATE PILOT LICENCE
This course aims to train pilots to operate
airplane safely in the role of PIC on SEP
class, without remuneration and in
accordance to visual flight rules.
• For enrollment the minimum age is 16
• For the licence skill test a minimum age of 17 is required
• Pass the medical tests for the 1 class 1 or 2 class Medical Certificate
• Knowledge of mathematics and physics at high school level.
The duration depends on the time the
candidate reserves to this activity.
However, the course can be completed on
average of 8 to 12 months.
125hrs of classroom (some of the
classroom can be held by video-
conferencing). Theoretical training can be
delivered by using the “distance learning”
methodology, In the course of the
theoretical training the following topics
• Air Law
• Aircraft general knowledge
• Flight performance and planning
• Human performance and limitations
• Operational procedures
• Principles of Flight
• VFR Communications.
• 45hrs of which:
– 35hrs on SEP (single engine piston)
with a flight instructor
– 10hrs as Pilot In Command (solo flight)
on SEP, of which 5 hours cross-country
This training may include up to 5hrs of
FNPT II (flight navigation procedure