CRI – CLASS RATING INSTRUCTOR
The aim of the course is to train pilots to obtain the certificate of instructor for class ratings.
The training course is designed to give adequate training to the applicant in theoretical knowledge instruction, flight instruction to instruct for SEP/MEP class non-complex non-high performance SP aeroplanes for which the applicant is rated.
The instructor candidate, who requests admission to the CRI course, must meet certain requirements as established by the current regulation:
• hold at least the licence and, where relevant, the rating for which flight instruction is to be given;
– completed at least 15 hours of flight as apilot on the class or type of aeroplane on which flight instruction is to be given, of which a maximum of 7 hours may be in an FSTD representing the class or type of aeroplane, if applicable; or
– passed an assessment of competence forthe relevant category of instructor on that class or type of aeroplane;
• be entitled to act as PIC on the aircraft during such flight instruction.
An applicant for an CRI certificate shall have completed at least:
• for MEP airplane:
– 500 hours flight time as a pilot in aeroplane
– 30 hours as PIC
On average 3 months
• 25 hrs of classroom in which theories and practice of are taught Teaching & Learning; ; Not required if FI qualified
• 10 hrs of technical training; 5 hours if FI qualified
• 5 hrs of flight training in the event of ME class instructor rating
• hrs in the event of SE class instructor rating.